Leading hospitality laundry provider CLEAN has revealed the winner of its origami competition. Marriott Huntingdon Hotel’s head housekeeper, Kasia Hetmanowic, secured a luxurious Fortnum and Mason hamper worth £500 for her work celebrating Origami Day on Sunday, 11 November.
Kasia’s artistic creations, which were submitted to the linen company’s social media competition by using the dedicated hashtag #CLEANOrigami and by tagging @CLEANLinenLtd, included a beautiful pair of swans, a rather cheeky monkey, an elephant, a mouse as well as an octopus escaping from the bath.
Richard Jones, Clean’s customer service director said: “Housekeepers and front-of-house staff regularly delight their guests with their amazing origami creations, so we wanted to offer a competition that both formerly recognised and rewarded their fantastic talents – and we weren’t disappointed! The quality of the entries was so good that our judges decided to also present a box of chocolates and a certificate to six highly commended entries.”
Other entrants deserving a special mention are:
- Ina Trembeliene from Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
- Lungu Loredana from Premier Inn London Tolworth Hotel
- Alexandra Stefania from Premier Inn Clapham Hotel
- Ashlyn Fairchild from Premier Inn Andover Hotel
- Julie Randall from Chilston Park Hotel
- Georgiana Tudora from Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel