The TRSA CEO/Executive Roundtable was held prior to TRSA’s seventh Healthcare Conference last week in Charlotte, which attracted nearly 200 healthcare market leaders and suppliers.
A group of nearly 30 CEOs and senior executives representing linen, uniform, garment and facility services companies serving the healthcare sector discussed market trends including managing changing customer relationships and expectations, healthcare consolidation, linen use and loss, reusables vs. disposable, expanding the market and automation.
Key issues, trends and opportunities discussed include:
- Increased scrutiny of the cleanliness of healthcare linens and uniforms that may result in further regulation
- Labor shortages, rising wages and an aging population will create opportunities to expand the market including long-term care (LTC) and cubicle curtains
- Disconnect of customers from purchasing resulting in varying expectations and objectives, as well as targeted messaging and multiple customer contacts
- Influx of new products and processes to improve linen infection control and minimize the risk of hospital-based infections (HAIs) through the use of silver and cooper, chemicals, ozone injection and other initiatives
- Appropriate applications and value of reusable vs. single-use products, especially with healthcare community focus on reducing costs and waste
More details can be found here: