During TRSA’s Industry Awards Dinner, the association recognised 2020 industry achievers in 39 categories. The winners had to forego formal acceptance of their awards last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The awards ceremony, 24 March, was a hybrid live/online event with several winners accepting their awards via taped video presentations. The event began with an online message of welcome from TRSA chair Noël Richardson, Shasta Linen Supply, Sacramento, California. TRSA President and CEO Joseph Ricci and vice presidents Tom Newell and Kevin Schwalb were joined by several other association staff presenters in announcing the awards, in categories including:
· Company Community Service: Health Mats Co, Chester, Pennsylvania; Bates Troy Inc, Binghamton, New York; Rentwear Inc., North Canton, Ohio; Unitex Healthcare Laundry Services, Elmsford, New York; and, ARCO/Murray, Downers Grove, Illinois.
· Above and Beyond Service: American Laundry Systems, Derry, New Hampshire; Alsco Inc, Salt Lake City; United Laundry Services, Honolulu; and, Foltex USA, Irmo, South Carolina.
· Clean Green Innovation: Arrow Linen Supply Co, Garden City, New York; PureStar Group, Las Vegas; and, City Laundering Co, Oelwein, Iowa.
· Diversity Recognition: Morgan Services, Buffalo, New York; PureStar Group, Las Vegas; and, Angelica, Oakbrook Terrace, Illionois
· SafeTRSA Safety Excellence: Cooperative Laundry, Kearny, New Jersey; Ecolab Textile Care, St. Paul, Minnesota; Logan’s Uniform, Shelbyville, Kentucky; UniFirst Corp., Wilmington, Massachusetts; NOVO Health Services, Atlanta; Meese, Ashtabula, Ohio; and, Up to Date Laundry, Baltimore
Other awards categories included:
· Volunteer Leadership: Lynn Moreau, Hand Craft Healthcare Linen & Uniform Specialists, Richmond, Virginia.
· Best Plants of the Year: Ecotex Healthcare Linen Services, Kelowna, BC, Canada; Textile Care Services, Rochester, Minnesota.
A video of the awards ceremony will soon be available for viewing at no charge via TRSA’s On Demand Learning Center, www.trsa.org/ondemand.